kent occpational therapy
For your information
- Kent Occupational Therapy is the Data Controller of the information you supply. We are also registered with the ICO No: ZA474920
- Kent Occupational Therapy has a Data Protection Officer, and contact details for this person may be obtained by writing to email@example.com
- The information we collect from you on this website and subsequently process may include your contact details (name, address, telephone numbers, email address etc.) and any other data that is required for the purposes of enabling Kent Occupational Therapy to provide you with the appropriate guidance, support or services that you seek in regards to our range of Occupational Therapy services.
- The information is collected and will be processed so that Kent Occupational Therapy may provide you with the appropriate guidance, support or services that you are seeking.
- The information may be shared with third parties for administration and/or management purposes, where it is necessary or desirable and lawful for Kent
- Occupational Therapy to do so. However, Kent Occupational Therapy will share only the minimum information that is necessary.
- The information will not be processed outside the European Economic Area.
- The information will be retained for as long as is necessary. When the information is no longer required, it will be destroyed securely.
what personal data do we hold?
In order to provide you with a high standard of Occupational Therapy services, we need to hold personal information about you. You will be asked to provide personal information as part of our referral and assessment process. The purpose of us processing this data is to provide Occupational Therapy services to you.
This personal data may comprise details such as:
- your past and current medical information; personal details such as your age, address, telephone number and general medical practitioner
- clinical reports where appropriate to our involvement in your case
- information about the treatment or services that we have provided or propose to provide.
- notes of conversations that are relevant to Kent Occupational Therapy’s involvement with you.
- any correspondence relating to you with other health care professionals, for example in a residential home, hospital or community services.
The categories of data we process are:
- Personal data for the purposes of direct mail/ email/ text/ other marketing
- Special category data including health records for the purposes of the delivery of Occupational Therapy.
We never pass your personal details to a third party unless we have a contract for them to process data on our behalf and will otherwise keep it confidential. If we intend to refer a client to another practitioner or service we will gain the individual’s permission (Third Party Consent form) before the referral is made and the personal data is shared.
- Personal data is stored in the EU whether in digital or hard copy format.
- Personal data is obtained when a client is referred to our service and for the duration of our involvement.
How do we maintain the confidentiality of your records?
We are committed to protecting your privacy and will only use information collected lawfully in accordance with the relevant legislation.
Every member of staff who works for Kent Occupational Therapy has a legal obligation to keep information about you confidential and they have been provided with the relevant training and support in order to enable this to happen.
We will only ever use or pass on information about you if others involved in your care have a genuine need for it. We will not disclose your information to any third party without your permission unless there are exceptional circumstances.
The lawful basis of processing personal data such as name, address, email or phone number is:
- Consent of the data subject
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contractbsite.
why do we hold information about you?
we will process personal data that we hold about you in the following way:
The retention period for special data in patient records is normally a minimum of 10 years. The retention period for other personal data is normally around 2 years after it was last processed.
You have the following personal data rights:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure (clinical records must be retained for a certain time period)
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Further details of these rights can be seen on the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
Here are some practical examples of your rights:
- If you are a client of Kent Occupational Therapy you have the right to withdraw consent for important notifications, newsletters, surveys, or marketing. You can inform us to correct errors in your personal details or withdraw consent from communication methods such as telephone or email. You have the right to obtain a free copy of your patient records within one month of the request.
- If you are a client of Kent Occupational Therapy you have the right to refuse permission to share confidential information with specified persons or parties.
access to personal information
You have a right under the General Data Protection Regulations to request access to view or to obtain copies of what information Kent Occupational Therapy holds about you and to have it amended should it be inaccurate. In order to request this, you need to do the following:
- Your request must be made in writing to the Data Protection Officer for Kent Occupational Therapy via firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have a right of access to a copy of all of the information held about you free of charge.
- We are required to respond to you within one month.
- You will need to give adequate information (for example full name, address, date of birth, relevant ID numbers and details of your request) so that your identity can be verified and your records located
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact email@example.com for details of how an application may be made.
security of information
disclosure of information
In order to provide professional and safe Occupational Therapy services, we may need to disclose personal information about you to other health professionals caring for you.
You will be informed who your data will be shared with and in some cases asked for explicit consent for this to happen when this is required.
comments, suggestions, and complaints
Our contact details:
Kent Occupational Therapy
Castle Hill Avenue,
Sarah Mousley 0773 8119895
Kent Occupational Therapy will always handle your confidential information with utmost care and respect.
If you are unhappy with our response or if you need any advice you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Their telephone number is 0303 123 1113. The ICO can investigate your claim and take action against anyone who’s misused personal data. You can also visit their website.